navi bar hide

Friday, October 12, 2012

Contentment Week 1

Today marks a week after I have asked God to help me with contentment while waiting on God.  I had a wonderfully motivated Monday, a less motivated but great Tuesday, a Backtrack Wednesday, a pretty motivated Thursday, and a pretty peaceful Friday.

I discovered a song by Chris Tomlin today which I can't buy on iTunes yet:



I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind 
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies is always by my side

I also read the book, "Fearless" by Max Lucado this evening, which I have been wanting to read for a long time.  I looked through my Amazon Wishlist, and searched for every book I had on my local library's electronic database.  It wasn't available at my library, but I requested them and I picked them all up.  My next book I will start reading tonight is "Get out of that pit" by Beth Moore.  I wanted to get Breaking Free but that wasn't available at any of the libraries.  I even picked up 5 Christian CD's.  I didn't use to like going to the library to borrow books since I'm germaphobic, but I'm allowing myself to touch the books this time around...

On Wednesday I had a fallback day, and then instead of working out like I did on Thursday, B and I went to eat at a hole in the wall restaurant inside of a Mexican grocery store.  It was delish, and our total came to a little under $20, and I left a $20 in the tip jar, and bought a $.99 avocado.  Then we randomly found a Bloomberry and shared a soft serve covered in goodies.  I decided sometimes you can steal your own joy by being so hard on yourself about not wasting money.  That was my live and let live moment of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment