navi bar hide

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Remind Yourself of the Truth

I think robin eggs are beautiful, so after Easter I bought this marked-down Easter decoration.  I took a photo of it and left a lot of white space so that I could eventually write something in the space.

Sometimes I feel down because it's in my nature to think too hard about things and consequently get upset.  My personality falls under what is considered "Melancholic" in the four temperaments.  I took a personality test at church during a Spiritual Gifts class.  Melancholics in the Bible are Moses, Solomon, Elijah, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Jonah, John the Baptist among others.  I'm sure we all have different people in the Bible we can relate to more.

In those moments the last thing I want to do is think pleasant thoughts, but that's the one thing I should be doing.  We should ponder God's truths and not Satan's lies... so this graphic is a reminder for you next time you need a lift.  It's hard to believe, but it's true...if you let it sink in, it's liberating, isn't it?

"I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." 2 Corinthians 6:18

No comments:

Post a Comment