navi bar hide

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Showered

I was showered by B's family a few weeks ago. It was lovely, intimate, and fun. The decorations were very cute, and the games were funny. We feel very blessed and feel very loved. It is amazing to me how much people love wedding celebrations. I can only thank God for such undeserved blessing.

The girls did such a great job setting everything up. There were finger sandwiches, pasta salads, greek salad, cream puffs, hershey kisses, and a chocolate fountain. I was so impressed by how they put all of that together. I have some great new sisters and I love my new family.

I think our wedding registry got demolished after that one shower. I didn't make a huge one to begin with, but I am surprised how many people are in the family. Coming from a teeny family, it was so neat to experience a totally different experience.

I tried to take it all in. It still flew by. That was good practice for the wedding, when it will be even harder to focus on remembering every detail.

When I thought about how happy it all was, it occurred to me that this will never happen again and it is far from any other celebration in life. It really is rare. When we have several weddings to go to, we might get lost in the quantity, but we have to take a breather and see it as just one unique wedding for each couple. Remembering that will help keep as much as I can in my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment