navi bar hide

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy New Year!

If 2013 was your last year on this earth, how would you live it?
What activities would you fill your days with, what would you prioritize?
Now compare those thoughts with your New Year's resolutions. Any tweaking necessary?

Don't put off people for another day...you may not get that someday.

How stupidly busy some of our resolutions seem when compared to spending time with someone, caring for someone, helping those in need. Would you mend a relationship? Would you travel to visit a relative? Be Jesus to those who need His healing in their hearts? I wish I could live more fearlessly.

When I think about having a year left to live, things that flash through my mind are to:
Visit my uncle in CA
Visit friends around the states
Hug my family, hug my distant relatives
Be a little more extravagant for wedding stuff
Go find a bunch of hurting and homeless people to volunteer for
Give my money away until there's nothing left
Start an initiative at church to connect people to house guests temporarily
Offend people by speaking to them about the love of Christ and the transformation of the heart they can experience when they put their trust in Jesus. Care more about their eternity than about whether they will stop talking to me.
Travel
Have conversations
Wear my heart on my sleeve and tell people what I think about them.
Be out there serving others

No comments:

Post a Comment