navi bar hide

Monday, July 9, 2012

Independence Week

I had a one day work week for the July 4 holiday!  For Independence day, we went to Ben's uncle and aunt's house for a pool party.  It was nice seeing everyone that usually see at holiday parties.  We also looked through his aunt's wedding photos.  We ended the night with fireworks despite all the crazy rain right before them!

For the weekend, we ended up driving out to Chicago to see one of my old friends.  I had met up with her a couple of times in the past couple of years when she came into town for weddings.  We had so much fun in the city.  We biked for several hours up and down the bike path along Lake Michigan.  We biked past so many beaches (most filled with 20 somethings and techno music).  The view was amazing, as you can imagine.  It was so breathtaking that I didn't realize we were biking for so long.  We ended the bike ride by laying out on the beach.  For lunch we stopped by Lincoln Park for some korean barbeque tacos.  On the way, I passed Pocket Puppies, which brought back a ton of memories of when I used to go there whenever I had the chance.  I used to go there to play with the teacup dogs because I wanted one really badly.








We showered and headed to dinner at Tapas Valencia! We tried about 6 dishes.  My favorite was the Avocado & Shrimp.  After dinner, we took a cab to Cite and had desserts while looking out onto the city.  I love that place and have wanted to go back there for a while.  Not to sound extremely geeky, but I felt like Spiderman looking out at the city.








When we walked out of the restaurant, the Navy Pier fireworks started going off.  What a perfect night! 


The next morning we had brunch in Vernon Hills and I had a huge apple pancake.  Thanks for such a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment