navi bar hide

Monday, July 30, 2012

Natural Joys

In June I was blessed with my first fresh eggs from my hens!  There were two eggs the first day, so I originally thought both of the hens laid an egg on the same day, but I have consistently gotten 1 egg per day, so I am starting to think only one hen is laying eggs.  Today, one of the hens had pecked at the egg so I didn't get one today.  I think they were too hungry. Luckily they didn't eat through it, so it isn't an egg eating habit yet...I really wouldn't know how to train them to stop eating their own eggs if they started.



I was feeding it very calcium heavy egg layer feed for a month before they started laying, so the first few eggs were speckled with calcium deposits.  However, the eggs are smooth now and completely brown.

My garden has been doing pretty well in some areas and not so well in others.  With bright south facing sun, the plants are getting killed by the sun.  I do love coming home to see all my flowers, roses, tomatoes, herbs, egg plants, green peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, and strawberries.  My roses aren't doing so well, but the ones around the lamp post are flourishing.


I am just loving God's creation and it brings me so much joy.  Home ownership definitely comes with blessings.  The birds and bees are just loving the yard.  Unfortunately it is too hot for grass to survive so I currently has dirt as my front yard.  Maybe that will change!

I bought rooting hormone and clipped some roses and planted them to propagate roses:


 I got an annual on sale even though I try to only buy perennials (other than veggies):

Chamomile that smells like apples

My aromatic lavender
The egg layers :)

Baby tomatoes
These roses smell AMAZING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment