navi bar hide

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies & Potato Soup

I made a ton of chocolate chip cookies the other night and then froze a bunch in the freezer in zip blog bags, so that I can take a chocolate chip cookie to work every day for a week or two.  The idea came to me when I was at the store and grabbed a box of Famous Amos Cookies (a 30 pack) and thought I wanted some for my lunches.  It costs $10 though, and I thought about how I already have all the ingredients at home including fresh brown eggs from the hens, so I figured a creative way to save money is to put back the box of cookies and make my own.  I can freeze them so that I make it last just like a box of 30 packs of cookies!  I'll keep making some more batches until I have a lot frozen!  I'm amazed how well cookies keep in the freezer.  It doesn't change the taste or texture.  Even though it's not a healthy thing to eat, I figure if I make my own practically free cookies available, it sure beats spending $2 on one cookie as an impulse buy at the snack shop at work, and still beats buying a package of cookies at the grocery store too!  I'm getting really serious about making sure I don't spend like Congress and the Government does.  It requires more arm grease and prior planning/thinking, but it feels great.




I also made some potato soup last night as something I can eat throughout the week.  Now I have to think of a couple more things to make tonight so I have food for the week.

the boiling

the cream

the finish

No comments:

Post a Comment