navi bar hide

Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

I planted my fall bulbs today.  I bought these beauties:
Hyacinths
Ranunculus
Allium
Muscari

Yellow tulips


I had a hard time figuring out where to plant things since I don't have my backyard set up yet.
We are getting flagstone from someone on craigslist for $160 ish (1 ton) to make the patio.  Then I want to make a curved sod path that goes from the fence to the shed area.  I also have a circle in the middle of the yard to surround in bricks or stones and I plan on putting a statue or bird feeder in the circle with some annuals around it.  I currently am planting peas in that circle.  I don't have stones around the circle yet, but we dug a circumference with a shovel.

We also did the English garden corner gate on the edge of our drive way today.  I put it around the rose bush and some perennials that are behind it.  I decided to put some of the hyacinths there and two symmetrical bunches of the Ranunculus bulbs.

Under my Yellow Bird Magnolia Tree, I planted the yellow tulips, with the blue muscari in between each of the tulip bulbs.  Let's hope the squirrels don't dig up my bulbs.  I should put out tons of squirrel feed like peanuts and popcorn or other seeds all winter.




It's so relaxing to play in the garden.  I was in the Upper Peninsula this weekend at my boyfriend's family's cottage.  It was fun fishing and kayaking, but after Amy, Melissa, and I landed on a little island and picked wild flowers, I started to miss home.  Specifically I really missed the garden and I kayaked back alone and told B that I wanted to make it back in time to garden.

Here are some nice pictures from the weekend.  We lit up paper lanterns and sent them up into the sky.  No pictures of fishing and kayaking for obvious H2O reasons!  I got to see Amy, whom I haven't seen in a while!  Next time it will be Thanksgiving! It's crazy how a year has gone by so fast.







Thank you for a wonderful time!!! What a great way to end the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment