navi bar hide

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Seeing the Positives of Today

There are things about today that really aggravated me, but instead of dwelling on those things, I decided to think about what I did do today, and amazingly I found a few positives:

The positives:
+I created several colored flow charts to explain the flow of structured notes from different accounts
+Got close to finalizing a bunch of exhibits or diagrams that could be used in arbitration
+Had 8 hours of billable work constantly working away
+Found some free CPE webinars that I can do tomorrow
+Ran on the elliptical for 20 minutes and burned 200 calories, hey, 20 minutes is at least something
+Didn't drink soda for two days in a row
+Ate the last of the slow cooker pot roast I made and froze into four meals
+Listened to Taylor Swift - Begin Again on replay
+Resisted my 5 chocolate bars in my work desk
+Used a buy one get one free for the Big Macs and a free Monopoly sticker for the medium fries
+Downloaded a bunch of free Kindle for PC books
+May have finally gotten an idea for what I want to do as my next job
+Haven't gone on Facebook since Saturday, despite getting emails of notifications
+Crossed two things off my running to-do list in my Google Task List

The negatives:
-Ate two Big Macs and a medium fry for dinner
-Wasn't content with my blessings today.  I shouldn't be getting frustrated at my job or my bosses if this is where God wants me to be right now.
-Didn't cook a dinner
-Didn't pay a lot of attention to the neighbor children today even though they all greeted me.  I usually talk to them a lot, but today I was so mad about work that I just went home and said, "hi." and went inside.  They also asked me where I was leaving later and I told them "McDonalds," to which one boy said, "The usual for me."
-Didn't read any free Kindle for PC books I have been amassing
-Didn't work on the patio

And that's a typical Wednesday.  Now I am blogging and will read my Bible soon and go to bed.  This is me attempting to really cut down all the things I do.  I want to have a lot of "veg" time at night on weeknights.  Weekends I want to make time for freezer cooking and crock pot cooking/meal planning, and cleaning my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment